Following the recent Government implementation of a second national lockdown I am sorry to advise that we are obliged to suspend all club rides once again. The suspension will remain in place for the duration of the lockdown which is planned for review Thursday December 3rd. The situation is being closely monitored by British Cycling and when there is any change, I will let you know.
The full announcement from British Cycling is available here, but in short:
- Only ride alone, with those in your household/support bubble, or with one person from another household. If you are riding with a person from another household, you must only ever ride as a pair. For example, two riders from the same household cannot ride in a group of three with a person from another household, unless all are part of the same support bubble.
- Stay two metres apart from anybody not from your household/support bubble.
- If you are experiencing any coronavirus symptoms, are self-isolating, are sharing a household /support bubble with somebody with symptoms, or have been told to self-isolate after being contacted by NHS Test and Trace, you should stay at home.
- There are no restrictions on how far or how often you can ride, however we recommend that you stay within your ability level and prepare accordingly, especially if you are riding alone.
- For essential journeys, the Government is encouraging people to cycle or walk where possible.
Find out more on the Gov.uk website here.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org